Job Opening, Zwijndrecht
Have you recently graduated or do you have max 5 years’ of experience within commodity trading? Eager to learn more about a diversified and challenging job in the field of trading and sales, procurement, risk management and market analysis? Then we are looking for you, a self-motivated team player! Welcome to Sime Darby Oils….
Sime Darby Oils (SDO) is an international trader and processor of vegetable oils and fats for the food, animal feed and the technical industries in Europe, Africa, and Asia. As part of Sime Darby Plantation, we have a global reputation for being a leader in our field and a history of innovation, leading sustainability credentials and a world class customer base. Sime Darby Plantation is the world’s largest producer of certified sustainable palm oil and our SDO portfolio in Europe includes all the major oils and fats types. Our European footprint includes refining and modification operations in Zwijndrecht, Netherlands and Liverpool, UK. The current sales activities and product range penetrate the entire European marketplace and the major food sectors including bakery, margarine, dairy, confectionary and frying.
You will be part of the Trading, Shipping Logistics and Trade Administration team (around 10 colleagues) which is based in our European head office in Zwijndrecht, the Netherlands, with satellite offices in Liverpool, the UK and Singapore.
What does your job as an Associate Commodity Trader entail?
You will support SDOE’s commodity trading, raw material procurement and market risk management activities:
• Execute physical commodity trades, paper trades/hedging and transact exchange traded instruments (futures, options, swaps);
• Execute currency hedges and manage FX exposures;
• Ensure contract and other trade details are accurately entered into the Group’s contract management system (CxC/SAP);
• Liaise with the Contract Management team to ensure accurate post-trade execution, tradedocumentation (confirmations, tenders, bills of lading), discharge surveys, RSPO PalmTrace input and management;
• Assist with managing the sales program for acid oils/PFAD;
• Comply with Group Trading policies (including with respect to exposure limits).
Raw Material Procurement
• Physical pipeline management for the Group’s European refineries (Zwijndrecht and Liverpool);
• Liaising with the internal planning team to ensure efficient logistics and storage of raw materials.
Market Risk Management
• Update and maintain reports for Group reporting purposes;
• Includes: Exposure and position reporting, Trading P&L reporting, Valuation / Mark-to-Market of positions, Value-at-Risk calculations, Price/FX setting for sales margin pre-calculation.
Commodity Market Trends and Developments
What are your capabilities as an Associate Commodity Trader?
Besides these we are looking for someone who is: self-motivated, business acumen, problem solving with excellent communication and team skills.
What does Sime Darby Oils have to offer you?
If you want to make an impact and like challenge, you can indulge yourself in this role: there is variety of goods and services to be sourced and freedom to execute the sourcing process and contract implementation. Despite being part of a company that is active in 17 countries with more than 100,000 employees, the head office in Zwijndrecht has an informal atmosphere.
In addition to an attractive salary, 1 year contract, depending on knowledge and experience, you shall benefit from our own collective labor agreement with excellent fringe benefits, such as 30 vacation days, 3 ADV days, a result-dependent bonus scheme and an attractive pension scheme. Naturally, this also includes all standard matters such as travel expenses and collective health insurance.
Do you like to know more about this opportunity?
For recruitment agencies:
We have made a conscious decision to do the recruitment ourselves. Therefore, we kindly ask you to not forward any candidates, as we will not accept their applications.
You agree with the storage of your provided data in a database. This information will be handled quickly and confidentially. Your information will not be provided to third parties. On the basis of this information we can check to what extent these match vacancies.
By letting the application go, that your data is stored in a database.
We will only use the data for the reference named purposes. You can withdraw the permissions at any time by contacting us.